Bullet points to live by
- Schwartz’s research suggests something important; we can stretch our personalities, but only up to a point. Our inborn temperament influence us, regardless of the lives we lead.
- Be patient. Respond to every call that excites your spirit. Ignore those that make you fearful and sad; That degrade you back toward disease and death.
- Anyone who says do what you love for a living and you’ll never work a day in your life hasn’t done what they want to do for a living.
- You can’t be anything you want but you can be everything you are
- The people who matter won’t mind, and the people who mind won’t matter
- I believe that sometimes our short comings can lead to greatness because those of us who have intense desires but lack of natural god given talent sometimes find roundabout ways of realising dreams.
- Wayne Dyer, once said, “When you change the way you see things, the things you see change.” When you change how you see yourself, you change.
- When you believe in yourself, you love the person looking back at you in the mirror. You see so much potential. You see someone worth investing in. You see someone worth loving and living for. You see someone who can become better. The
- The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself. — Friedrich Nietzsche
- Do you want to be someone, or do you want to do something?
- To turn $100 to $1000 is hard work. To turn $1m to $10m is inevitable.
- You got just to keep going no matter how much it hurts.
- Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.
- The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
- First-level thinking looks similar. Everyone reaches the same conclusions. This is where things get interesting. The road to out-thinking people can’t come from first-order thinking. It must come from second-order thinking. Extraordinary performance comes from seeing things that other people can’t see.
- You get the right answer by making two mistakes that happen to cancel out.
- You can’t solve a problem with the same thinking that created it.
- Complaining about a problem without proposing a solution is called whining.
- We see people and things not as they are, but as we are.
- Pursue genuine curiosity.
- Hard decisions = Easy Life | Easy Decisions = Hard Life
- All the woulda-Coulda-Shouldas
Layin’ in the sun,
Talkin’ bout the things
They would-could-shoulda done…
But those Would-Coulda-Shouldas
All ran away and hid
From one little did.
- The way we act determines how we feel, way more often than the way we feel determines how we act
- Our attitude are skills, and skills are learnable
- Let the silence do the work
- Patient on externals, impatient with yourself
PS. This is a non-exhaustive list of messages, words, and quotes that I find important. Some are mine, most are stolen. I update this list from time to time.